Monday, November 19, 2007

Talk is REALLY cheap

It seems to take a lot of discipline to make sure to put in daily entries in your blog, discipline that I am apparently lacking. So, it is a week later and here i go.
my original plan was to record some of the interesting information that I discovered at the ISAC'S convention in Indianapolis. It would involve moving my notes from my little green paper notebook to my blog for purposes of reflection and sharing. Anyhow, I lost the notebook and found it after a frenzied search that lasted over a couple of days.
the first speaker that I heard was Patrick Basset, president of NAIS. Interestingly, he referenced a video that I had already showed my middle school faculty at our first meeting,
" Did You Know" by Karl Fisch. He also recommended another video I had already seen on You Tube, " A Vision of Students Today." I hope to share this with the faculty at a later date. Mr. Basset was the first of many presenters at the convention to talk with great enthusiasm about a book by Daniel Pink titles A Whole New State of Mind as a natural follow-up to Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat which is apparently the road map and Bible of sorts for talking about skills for the 21st century.\Enough for now.

No comments: